Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thrifting in Oregon!

Hello all,
I realize that I'm really lame and I will not consistently update this blog, but what the heck, you might get a few updates here and there.  Really truly, our lives are  not very exciting, but we live so far away from family, so I will try to exaggerate give you an accurate account of the goings on in here in Oregon.  First thing's first, and I'm not going to exaggerate on this one: thrifting is the BEST here in Oregon!  Let me educate all of you who do not live in the bounteous land.  Why pay full price, or even a discounted price at a retail store when you can reap the rewards of very frivolous people who donate extremely nice clothing to thrift stores?  After going thrifting to my favorite places nearby I have acquired an almost exclusive wardrobe for my children of Baby Gap and Gymboree in perfect condition, Nike, Aeropostle, American Eagle, Gap, Anne Taylor Loft, Nautica, and many other brand name clothing for Nate and myself.  How much do I pay for said items you may be asking?  29 cents to $2 a piece for each.  Being on a very tight student budget with an appetite for well made clothing can be tough if it were not for AMAZING places like Thrift City, and the Goodwill "Bins".  Although, thrifting is one of my hobbies, I feel incredibly blessed to be able to have this available to me.  It also provides for a fun activity to do with friends, and I always have a good time with my fellow Optometry wife, thrifty ladies!  Maybe sometime I will post pictures of my awesome finds so those that haven't experienced the thrill of a truly great buy will understand :)  Oh, and by the way, all of the clothes that we are wearing in our family photos were thrifted, just thought you might want to know that...

No comments:

Post a Comment