Tuesday, June 12, 2012

We Made a Zoo!


You would think that living in Oregon, we would be so used to the rain that nothing would stop us from going to the zoo on a rainy day.  You would think, but you would be wrong... we're not the type of people who could withstand the rain outside with a 6 and a half month old.  I know, we're wimps, but oh well.  I told Nate that he would have to be the one to break the news to Matt, especially after I got him all pumped up to go see the giraffes.  Nate, of course being the much more awesome parent than I am decided to make our house into a zoo (as if it's not already one all the time).

This would be the elephant that I drew in like two minutes!

We had Matt play in his room for about a half an hour while Nate made stove popped popcorn, and set up the zoo and I drew pictures of the animals to go on the walls.

The Insect Tunnel.  this is where Nate and Matt put on the insect masks and pretended to be bugs.


The Bear's Den.  We couldn't get a real bear on such short notice, so Whinnie the Pooh had to stand in.

The Tiger House.  Tigger was a good sport to be our fill in tiger.

I think one of Matt's favorite things about the zoo today was the train.  Nate was a good sport and took Matt on a daddy train ride (Matt rode on his back) touring the zoo, all while holding his popcorn. So, even though it was disappointing not going to the Portland Zoo, we still had a great time!


1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed at your quick zoo pictures! Good for you guys at making a bad situation good!

    ReplyDelete