Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chair Redo!

So, like 3 or so months ago I bought some chairs on craigslist for $10.  They were definitely in need of some lovin', but I knew they had some potential; they were all a little different, long backs and some great character.  However, I bought them before we went out of town and after we got back I didn't really know exactly what I wanted to do with them.  So, I decided to wait and then Nate was nudging me a couple of weeks ago to do something with them or sell them.  That was right around the time when Ace was giving away free paint.  So, I picked out a color and started sanding the chairs. The chairs have an upholstered seat and were in desperate need of new fabric and padding.  Luckily I went on the right day to Joann fabric and got a really awesome sturdy fabric that would have been $30 for only $7!  I have only done 2 out of the 4 chairs so far, but I'm really happy how the 2 have turned out!


Here is one of the chairs before the redo.  On each of the chairs there were like 4 layers of  really gross fabric and lots and lots of staples.

And here is the finished product!  I still want to add a finish them, like a polyacrylic or a  wax so they don't scratch as easy.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment