Sunday, July 1, 2012

Camping! (Well, sort of...)

Here at the Steenblik house we like to bring the outdoors in; like the zoo, and now camping.  I'm pretty much a baby when it comes to camping.  I really cannot see the point in sleeping on the ground and using gross bathrooms when one can sleep in a comfortable bed and use a clean bathroom, free of spiders and mosquitoes.  Don't get me wrong, I love nature, hiking, walking and campfires.  I even like cooking and eating outdoors, but just not sleeping outside.  Matt has been wanting to go camping lately and I know we'll eventually go this summer, but fun dad decided to pop the tent in the living room and have a close to camping experience in our own home.  We made beds inside for Matt and Nate (I slept on my own comfortable bed), and put the t.v. inside the tent to make it a fun movie night!
Matt, pretty excited to have a tent in his living room!



Matt and daddy, excited to "camp"

Curious George went camping with us.

We even made s'mores....in the microwave...not as good as the real thing.

But hey, this kid doesn't know the difference!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I haven't been checking your blog! Go you! :) I had to backtrack to catch up. What beautiful chair! And golfing on Fathers Day looked fun too. You've been doing such cute things as a family! I'm excited to come visit you!

    ReplyDelete