Sunday, October 6, 2013

Toddler Bed = Singing Time

So, my precious little Lydia has been moved to a toddler bed.  Mind you, she is still my baby and I'm refusing to refer to her as anything else until her little sister comes in December and we have another little baby. We decided to move her so young because once little baby sister comes we will need the third bedroom for her and will  need Matt and Lydia to share a room.  I would have loved to keep Lydia in a crib forever but all good things must come to an end.  She's actually surprised us with how well she's adjusted.  The first week she would open and shut her door then run back to her bed; though, once I started taking her baby doll away for her naughty shenanigans she wasn't so keen on doing that anymore.
I love her little nap/bedtime routine: first we rock together in her rocking chair until she decides it's time to go put her baby doll to bed.  She has me swaddle her baby nice and tight then she lays her down in bed and climbs in next to it.  After she feels she is sufficiently tucked into her blanket, she tells me to hold her hand, which then is followed by her telling me the songs she would like me to sing her her: "Sunshine", "Child of God" and "Spider".
Lydia has always been a little singer and loves to imitate sounds and this week she has surprised me by singing along with all of the songs I sing to her.  She mostly babbles most of the words except for the word that is held out longer, which she gets every time.  One of these days, if Nate is home while I put her down I'll have him record her doing it so everyone can hear.  After I shut the door she usually sings all of her songs to herself for a good 20 minutes or so until she falls asleep.  I really love my baby girl and just want her to stay my baby for a little bit longer.

1 comment:

  1. That's so adorable. I love that she songs to herself. So cute.

    ReplyDelete